Friday, February 22, 2008

Week of February 25, 2008





We read our weekly poem, Brushing. Our new popcorn word was “have”. We completed our Dd books and practice writing the letter “Dd”.
We have been working on writing our names properly – starting with a capital letter and using lowercase letters for the rest of our names. I will be stressing this throughout the end of the year. Please have your child practice this at home.
In math we worked on writing the numbers and talked about the following shapes: oval, diamond, hexagon and trapezoid. Three of these shapes are found in the pattern blocks we work with at school.
A Peek at Next Week…
Letter: Review/Assessment
Math: Numbers to 50/shapes




On May 15th the morning and afternoon kindergarten classes will be going on a field trip to Brookfield Zoo together. If you are interested in chaperoning on this field trip, please send me a note or email me so I can line up enough chaperones for the trip.


Character Counts
The Character Counts pillar for the month of March is Fairness. I am fair when I play games honestly. I am fair when I share my toys with others. Have your child show their spirit by wearing orange every Friday in March.


Robert Crown Field Trip
We will be going on a field trip to the Robert Crown Health Center on Tuesday, March 4th. All kindergarten students will be able to ride the bus to and from school that day. Please sign the permission slip and send it back to school as soon as possible.


Parent/Teacher Conferences
I am sending home Parent/Teacher conference slips. Please sign them and send them back as soon as possible.


Important Dates
Mar. 3- No School- Casimir Pulaski Day
Mar. 4 – Robert Crown Field Trip
March 13 – Parent/Teacher Conferences
March 14 – No School
March 21 – No School