Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Week of March 24, 2008









We read our weekly poem, The Umbrella’s Treat Our new popcorn word was “of”. We completed our “Uu” books and practiced writing the letter “Uu”. We are working on identifying the popcorn words and using them in a complete sentence. We celebrated Q and U's wedding day!
In math we did a sorting project using Lucky Charms. First each child received a cup full of cereal. Next, we sorted the marshmallows into different shapes. Then we completed the paper and snacked on the cereal.
A Peek at Next Week…
Letter: Yy
Theme: yo-yo
Math: Money





Character Counts
The pillar for April is Citizenship. Are you a good citizen? “I am a good citizen because I throw away my garbage in the garbage can.” “ I follow the classroom rules.” “I follow the rules when I ride the bus.” We will be wearing purple on Fridays.




Spring Break
Things to do on Spring Break:
Read with your child.
Practice reading popcorn words.
Write and illustrate page “What I did over Spring Break”.
Enjoy Spring activities with your child!



Supplies Needed
We are running low on baby wipes for our classroom. I would appreciate it if anyone could send in a tub of baby wipes after spring break. Thanks.



Horton Hears a Who Fundraiser
Thank you to everyone who attended the Horton Hears a Who fundraiser. It was a success!



Important Dates
Mar. 24- Spring Break Begins
Mar. 31 - Classes Resume
Apr. 23 – Open House 6:30-8:00
Apr. 24 – Early Dismissal – PM class Attends, No School for the AM class